Updates Regarding COVID-19
A Message from Our Team:
We are thrilled to announce that as of Thursday, June 3, we will welcome one Pet Parent per patient into our hospital building. If a Pet Parent is accompanied by small children, we kindly encourage you to take advantage of curbside or drop off.
Fully vaccinated Pet Parents may choose not to wear a mask during their visit. We trust our Pet Parents to make responsible choices and will be relying on the honor system with respect to your vaccination status and the decision not to wear a mask. Please note that we will not ask you to verify vaccination records.
Curbside appointments are still available if you choose not to come inside the hospital – we want to make sure all of our Pet Parents are comfortable as COVID-19 guidelines continue to change. If you choose curbside, please don't forget to call upon your arrival!
As always, we appreciate your patience and support as we navigate the ever-changing COVID-19 safety guidance.
Thanks so much!
For the safety of our team members, kindly reschedule your appointment if you:
- Are exhibiting flu-like symptoms and/or have a temperature over 100.4
- Have traveled to/from known COVID-19 hot spots within the previous 10 days
- Have had close contact with anyone COVID-19 positive within the previous 10 days
Due to hot summer temperatures:
- Please remain in your air-conditioned vehicle until contacted by the team for pet exchange
- Use caution with hot pavement on your pets paws
- Bring fresh water for your pet while you wait to stay hydrated (water bottle and bowl)
Please note our updated procedures:
- In order to uphold social distancing rules, we ask you to call us or ring the doorbell upon arrival.
- A receptionist will call you to check you in and as soon as an exam room is available, you will be called into an exam room with your fur kid.
- All pet parents who choose to enter the building for the appointment will be required to wear a mask.
- If you don't want to come in, we can arrange to pick up your pet(s) from your car and return them after treatment.
Medication and prescription foods can be paid for over the phone and brought to your car.
For technician only appointments, we will ask you to stay in your car while we take care of your fur kid in our treatment area.
For clients that are unable to leave home to pick up medications or prescription foods - you are able to order most items through our online pharmacy store for home delivery: www.vetsource.com
Additional Measures we are Asking Clients to Follow:
- Please do not come to our clinic if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or have a fever.
- Please reschedule your pet’s veterinarian appointment if you have been in contact with anyone that has had a fever or possible COVID-19 exposure.
Pets and the Coronavirus:
It is important to note that there is currently no evidence that pets can become sick with COVID-19. Infectious disease experts, as well as the CDC, World Organization for Animal Health, and World Health Organization indicate there is also no evidence to suggest that pet dogs or cats can be a source of infection with SARS-CoV-2, including spreading COVID-19 to people. More investigation is underway and as we learn more, we will update you.
The CDC and The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)also have comprehensive websites with up-to-date information about COVID-19 and your pet(s). Additional information about the Coronavirus and your pets’ health are available at the following online resources:
We value your partnership in your pet’s healthcare and appreciate your patience, understanding, and continued support. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.