Happy Halloween – Safety Tips
With Halloween right around the corner, we wanted to give you some quick pet safety info!
There are actually some usual Halloween decorations that are hazardous to your pet. Some may seem obvious while others you might not have thought about before.
- Candy (especially chocolate candies)
- lighting and cords
- spider webs
- corn-on-the-cob (some have thought them to be “chewies”)
- sound machines (specifically those with door bell sounds or anything else than may set-off/scare your pet)
In addition to house decor, have you thought about your pet’s Halloween costume?
- Don’t get any costume that is too tight
- Don’t get a costume your pet could possibly chew on and ingest
- Don’t use human hair dyes
Additionally, if you know your dog gets anxious around people and/or other dogs, do not bring him or her trick-or-treating.
Lastly, please microchip your pets. If you will have trick-or-treaters, your door will be opening and closing a lot. For peace of mind, get your pet microchipped. It’s virtually painless and a very, very fast procedure. Click here for more data on how we microchip.
Have a happy and safe Halloween!